Keeping your skin and your makeup “Summer” ready is of course very “Essential”.
Nobody wants to look like a cake of foundation at workplace or any social event. In my younger days I was not very good at doing makeup but I had a good sense of makeup. Always hated Aunties at social evenings/weddings/family functions wearing wrong colour foundation and everything from face dripping down in sweat !
Wearing right makeup in accordance with weather is very quintessential.
Following should always be in your makeup bag if you want to be summer ready:
- Sunscreen : Never… ever… ever! leave the house without applying sunscreen. Apparently tanning prevention is not its only job, it decreases the risk of skin cancer (no kidding, ask docs) and also stops premature aging of skin and maintains even skin tone. Gosh! Lotus, Lakme, Ayur, VLCC are some brands to name who sell good sunscreens in India. Use any which suits your skin.
- Gel Moisturizer : Many people have in mind that if they will not moisturize their skin will not produce any oil, however it is quite opposite the more you keep your face hydrated the less oil it will produce. Therefore always keep your face hydrated by applying light weight moisturizer or gel moisturizer.
- Powder: Try to skip your favourite foundation on a hot and humid summery day and use a powder compact instead, if you cannot avoid wearing foundation then top it with a nice compact or translucent powder. Powder mattifies the face and keeps it oil and shine free, increases the staying power of foundation .
- Bronzer: Skip blush in summers or use neutral and coral shades, but don’t skip a bronzer. Bronzer will give your face chiseled look making it summer fit. 😉
- Mascara: On hot mornings I don’t use kohl ! Come what may, be it smudge proof, waterproof, I just cannot bear the weight of liners and kohls on my eyes, i might apply a dash of liner in evening (if not wearing some heavy makeup) but for morning I’ll always go for waterproof and smudge proof mascara. It will not only eliminate use of liner but will give definition to my eyes and make them look big, bright, and fuller.
- Gloss: Yes ! Gloss, though I love bold and bright lipsticks for summer but I also keep gloss in my makeup bag. Gloss prevent lips from dehydrating in summer, so it is equally important for me.
So keep your makeup bag summer ready with these 5 essentials things 🙂