Now, I am using this foundation, say XYZ, from sometime now. Lately I am noticing that it is oxidizing on me, which is really sad because I really love this foundation
. I don’t understand, why? I mean it was just perfect from past two months and now suddenly it makes me look orange.
I searched a lot about it, and no one exactly knows why foundation despite
being perfect oxidizes on face and makes you look dark or an orange ninja. :X What did find out was that it could happen because of the following factors.
- Acidity,oiliness, or present pH value of the skin
- Humidity and outside weather
So these are the few basic things which effect foundation oxidation, and most of these factors are beyond our control.
What’s the solution, how can we stop that from happening?
“Stop using foundation” No, that is not the solution, because foundation doesn’t oxidize on your face immediately it takes a little time, it will start oxidizing after 10 min to half hour or may be 2-3 hours of application, and you cannot wait for that long period at makeup counter while buying it (buying right foundation is so tricky), as I told you my foundation was perfect for few months so, you don’t know exactly when it will oxidize on your face. But you can definitely prevent it from happening by following these things:
- Use a primer, primer not only hides your blemishes and prepare your face for foundation application, but also creates a barrier between you and foundation. After applying primer you will apply foundation on that layer of primer and not directly on your face. So Primer is like a little Wall of China between you and your Face Skin.
- When Your foundation oxidizes it looks a shade darker, so mix your foundation with 1 or 2 shades lighter foundation, so that when it oxidizes it still matches your skin-tone. If you do not have lighter tone foundation you can mix your highlighter or concealer with foundation, that will do.
- And the best you can do is stop using the foundation that oxidizes on you. Change it if you want to.
So go ahead people, and don’t forget to tell me if these tricks worked for you or not. And if you have any better solution then do let me know, because I would love to try it.